I just love Tea Rose Home. Sachiko is seriously talented! And I was so excited she agreed to post today! :) You have to check out her blog. Everything she makes turns out amazing!!
Hi everyone! I am Sachiko from Tea Rose Home. On my blog I share sewing, quilting, repurposing ideas (and don't miss the free tutorials!) and sometimes yummy recipes too. I host link parties every Wednesday. If you love to see what people are working on and want to be inspired, come visit me and join the fun!
1- 43" X 43" flannel (It was 44" wide flannel, I cut off the sides to get rid of the writings and thickness. This fabric will be the outer border.)
1- 36" X 36" flannel
1. Mark the middle for all sides for both fabrics. Lay them together with right sides together. First, pin the middle of the four sides. Then pin the edges starting in the middle make your way outwards to the corners.
2. Start sewing using 1/4" seam allowance. Remember to leave a 5" opening for you to turn the fabric inside out later.
3. Fold the corner. Draw a line to help you to know where to sew. Use the picture as a guide.
4. Cut the excess off. Repeat the process for the other corners.
5. Press the seam towards the outside with an iron.
6. Turn the fabric inside out. Iron. Pin the opening and top stitch all around the blanket.
7. Ta-da. That's it!
Wasn't that fun? I have been going through my stash and made some in the past few weeks. They always come in handy for baby showers and such. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!