I like baseball tees. I always have. They remind me of laid-back casual summer days.
But they are not so girly and sweet. And I also like to look girly and sweet.
|Anvil and Banana Republic|
Here's the how-to:
1. I measured 3 inches away from the seem at each shoulder and marked those spots with a pin. I did this to the front and the back sides of the shirt.
2. Then I drew a temporary line from each of those points to the bottom seem where the sleeve seam is. I also did this to the front and back sides of the shirt.
3. I then cut along those lines,
4. I used the sleeve pieces as a pattern to cut out sleeve pieces from the other shirt making sure to allow for seems. I used the bottom of the shirt where there was an existing finished edge so I wouldn't have to finish the edge of my new sleeve. The sleeve pieces that you are going from won't lay exactly flat but just get it as flat as you can.
5. Fold the sleeves in half horizontally, matching the front side facing front side. Sew a seem where I've indicated with the red mark.
6. With the tank-like piece turned inside-out, match up the sleeves (also inside-out) to the tank piece and pin in place. Sew all along where you have pinned.
When you turn it back with the outside facing out, it will look like this. The spot that I have the arrow pointing to was a little tricky to sew. But it's okay for it to look a little funny here, because you will be sewing a ruffle over it.
7. I then cut out strips to be my ruffles. I just followed the stripes on my material, but if your material is not striped, then make sure to cut your strips straight. Each strip was about 2 1/2 inches tall and 13 inches long.
8. I then sewed my ruffle along the top of the sleeve over top of the neck lining, making sure to match the ruffle to the edge of the sleeve.
Linked up to:
The best of both worlds. Sporty and cute! Great work!ReplyDelete
I love this! Ashley took the words right out of my mouth; that is DEFINITELY the best of both worlds.ReplyDelete
I LOVE this. It is such a cute and easy idea. Just found you from Sugar Bee Linky. http://homestitched.blogspot.comReplyDelete
This is REALLY cute! I love it! I wish I could sew! Found you through Sugar Bee!ReplyDelete
Thank you for being so creative, and generous too. This just might give printed t-shirts a run for their money.ReplyDelete
Can't wait to try this idea. Thank you for sharing!ReplyDelete
Michael Kors Outlet Online was a huge success there and became very well known. The designer Kors then branched out into accessories including Michael Kors Handbags Clearance. He never lost focus on his American chic styling. Some of his most notable collections include the Michael Kors Totes, Michael Kors satchel and the Designer MK Outlet and Michael Kors Outlet Online Store.ReplyDelete
No one has to know that they are cheap Ray Ban Sale UK and no one will know unless you tell them. Each of the cheap designer Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale UK carries the signature brand on the lens to let you know that you do have authentic designer Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses UK.
tags: Cheap Oakley Sunglasses UK,MK Outlet
nfl jerseys wholesale
michael kors handbags sale
cheap nba jerseys
kd 11 shoes
adidas stan smith menReplyDelete
adidas nmd r1
off white jordan 1
paul george shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
michael kors outlet