This recipe comes from a tweaked version of Patsy Swendson's "Chocolate-Raspberry Cream Puffs with Praline Powder" in the Texas The Beautiful Cookbook that I received as a gift when I was living in Texas.
Now I'm not gonna lie, this was the first time I actually made cream puffs. I have always wanted to make cream puffs, but always felt intimidated. I guess because most of the time I ate them at wedding receptions, and that's just pretty fancy. I was definitely pleased when it didn't take much at all to make them!
Here is the recipe:
Berry Cream Puff Sandwiches
For the cream puffs:
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of all-purpose (plain) flour
For the berry cream (my variation):
6 oz. of a berry flavored yogurt
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
optional: one 3 oz. package of berry flavored jello
To complete the recipe:
1-2 cups of any type of berries
- To make the berry cream, combine yogurt, cream cheese, and jello and mix until smooth. Add the powdered sugar slowly while mixing. When your cream is a smooth consistency, refrigerate while you make the cream puffs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make cream puffs, in a saucepan over low heat, combine the water and the butter. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Add the flour all at once and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball and leaves a film on the sides of the pan.
- Allow to cool slightly, 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- To form each cream puff, drop 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, forming little mounds that are about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 30-40 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- To assemble the cream puffs, slice the cream puffs in half horizontally. Fill the bottom pieces with the cream. I had a little problem with the bottoms having holes in them, so maybe have them on the plate you want them on before you add the cream, so you don't have to move them and have to deal with the cream falling out in the process. Then add the berries on the top of your cream, add another layer of cream on top of the berries, and put the tops of the puffs back on. Garnish with a berry.
- Makes about 12 servings.
I am not lying when I say that I ate seven of these little beauties in one day. My husband couldn't stop me. Enjoy! Maybe not seven in one day though...
Journey Jewelry Debeers made the Rolex Replica Watches notion of Journey Jewellery a couple of decades ago but it took a while to catch on. Recently, Saint Laurent Outlet became 1 in the most popular diamond jewellery presents available. Journey Jewellery is established by using a assortment of diamonds growing in size from smallest to largest, these Louboutin Outlet Online symbolize the growth of love that men and women have for just one another. As your love grows so should your diamonds, at least that's what Debeers believes. Journey variations have been shown mostly in white gold set with Swiss Replica Watches princess or round diamonds. The thought is based loosely about the Previous, Present, & Future 3-stone jewellery that was also designed by Debeers, These charm bracelets make fantastic presents and most people invest in a single for themselves in addition as for good friends. The Replica Designer Handbags on the jewellery is the capability to make bracelets jointly with friends and family, as soon as created they appear incredible and very trendy.ReplyDelete
michael kors outlet clearance
air jordan shoes
james harden shoes
ralph lauren pas cher
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ray ban sunglasses outlet
true religion outlet uk